2022 Freedom Fund Annual Awards Call for Nominations- NEW THIS YEAR
November 23, 2022, DEADLINE
The NAACP Des Moines Branch is now accepting nominations for its 2022 Freedom Fund Awards.
The awards will be presented at the 46th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet, December 3, 2022.
Nominate individuals in your corporate entity who you believe have demonstrated leadership, extraordinary work, achievement and/or numerous volunteer hours in the pursuit of making the Des Moines Metro an inclusive community rooted in liberation where all persons can exercise their civil and human rights without discrimination.
The narrative about the nominee must include civic engagement, activism, or advocacy with an enduring commitment to Race & Justice, Education Innovation, Inclusive Economy, Health & Well-being, or Environmental & Climate Justice. The nomination form must be filled out (separate pages are accepted) and submitted with by November 23, 2022.
Description of Corporate Citizen Award
This award recognizes owners, board members, employees or volunteers in a corporation or business that actively participate in the Des Moines metro community at large and civic engagements which carry forth the purpose of the NAACP.
The nominee must meet one or more of the following guidelines:
· Recipient must currently be an owner, board members, employees or volunteers in a corporation, business or organization in areas that provides services or information to the community.
· Recipient must demonstrate their commitment to partner or to provide resources to the community with same or similar mission that empowers the community in said areas: economic sustainability, education, health, public safety/criminal justice, voting rights, environmental or expanding youth engagement.
· Recipient must contribute or donate in-kind services to the community as part of their commitment to participate as a partner or to give back to the community.
· Recipient must demonstrate their ability to participate in an internship program, related work studies or volunteer program as a mentor to interested parties.
· Recipient must be actively engaged in reaching out to the community as an individual who believes in working closely with said persons in making a difference by using their own knowledge, skill and talent as a mentor, and/or volunteer.
Please complete the 2022 Freedom Fund Annual Awards Call for Nominations Form and submit by November 23, 2022, to email@example.com or send (hard copy) to: NAACP Des Moines, PO BOX 5036, Des Moines, IA 50305.